CONTENT CREATOR AND SOCIAL MEDIA COORDINATOR - PART TIME
If you live for social media, work smart and fast, have a passion for visual storytelling and can turn a quick snap into engaging content in just a few clicks, we want you!
WHY WE NEED YOU
We’re the Coast’s best kept secret and it’s time to tell our story – boldly, creatively and with a serious dose of fun. You’ll balance strategic thinking with tactical execution: one minute you’re campaign planning, the next you’re shooting BTS footage for our Stories and crafting killer captions. You’re fast on your feet, handy with a camera (iPhone or the real deal), have a great aesthetic, live and breathe social media, and creative arts is your thing. Music. Podcasting. Social content. Copywriting. Visuals. You’re a storyteller bursting with creative ideas, and we’ve got a story ready to be heard.
WHY WORK WITH US
We’re experimental, trialling new platforms, ideas and strategies. You’ll get to flex your creative muscle, take calculated risks and ring that bell when your campaigns kick goals.
We’re for the makers, the hustlers and the scale-ups. We give entrepreneurs, start ups and emerging brands the space, the tools, and the resources to take their vision to the next level. You’ll embrace that entrepreneurial spirit to make an impact and create scroll-stopping content.
We do business differently. We think outside the box, we work fast to get ideas to market, and we collaborate to create a big-scale impact with lean resources.
We marry strategy with execution, always pushing to do better. If you’re a stickler for detail, have an eye for slick aesthetics and hate stray apostrophes and typos, you’ll fit right in.
This role is 3 days per week – Mon, Tues, Thurs. Perfect to complement your side hustle.
- Create, develop, engage and leverage social media communities
- Create strategic content calendar, forward-planning imagery, captions, hashtags and campaigns
- Design and create social media assets and image libraries (video, photo, Stories, Reels etc)
- Write SEO-focused, easily digestible, sharable blogs and lead magnets, such as downloads, white papers, guides and checklists
- Write, update and manage websites across brands
- Align organic digital content with paid campaigns to leverage budget allocation
HOW YOU’LL GAUGE SUCCESS
- Weekly and monthly campaign reporting, optimisation and improvement
- Continue monitoring industry for best practice and emerging skills, platforms and opportunities to expand our digital brand footprint
- Digital audience growth across all platforms, but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, TikTok and email
- Improvement in key metrics for social media including followers, likes, engagement and impressions
- Improvement in hashtag performance
- Continued improvement in email campaigns – open rates, click through rates and conversions
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE ROLE
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, including long format blogs, short social captions and eDM copy
- Analytical expertise in reviewing and reporting on campaign performance
- Design skills (Canva, Unfold, In Design, Photoshop and video editing) to create social assets, Reels, Stories, eDM banners etc
- Photographic skills (behind the scenes, flat lays, lifestyle) for social media assets (you don’t need to be a photographer – an iPhone, a great eye and skills with photo editing apps will get the job done)
- Project management across multiple initiatives with competing deadlines
- Social media management across Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, including creating content, posting, leveraging and reporting
- Expertise in the following platforms:
– Adobe Creative Suite
– Google Docs
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, Multimedia or similar
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role / professional environment
WHO ARE YOU?
- Visual storyteller
- Works fast, smart and autonomously
- Sees opportunities, not obstacles
- Attention to detail
- Exceptionally strong communication skills
- Big picture thinking, laser focus on tactical execution
- Commercial mindset
- Exceptional time management, reliability and organisational skills
READY TO APPLY?
Send your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Bonus points for creativity* Show us why you’re the best person for this role – create a short vid, a social post, draft an Insta Story . . . get inspired and show us your best work!
We’re interviewing for this role now – get in quick and make it yours.